Now days portraits mode is become most popular, people are rushing for dual camera smartphones, apart from those are can’t afford they choosing custom ROMs and Google Camera app. Some developer try to figure out and successfully porting Google Camera app for specific devices like Redmi Note 3 and Note 4. Here is a guide below.
Note – Google Camera portrait mode know as lens blur
I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device on following these steps. These are untested steps that worked for me and might work for you.
1. PC with adb
2. Unlocked Bootloader
4. MIUI 9 [Might work with other ROMs, not tested] 5. Lazyflasher zip
1. If you are on a custom ROM, chances are that camera2 api is already enabled. Use Manual Camera Compatibility to verify.
2. If you are on MIUI, updating using ota might reset build.prop file. This might help, not tested. Update: I successfully updated to MIUI 9 Global 7.10.19 | Beta, see below for steps,
3. I am using Google Camera v4.4.020.163412804 on MIUI 9 Global 7.9.7 | Beta, and it is a HUGE improvement over the stock camera.
1. Boot into TWRP. (Guide if you don’t have TWRP)
2. Mount System.
3. Take NANDroid backup. (Optional but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
4. Connect to PC and execute the following command in terminal:
adb pull /system/build.prop
5. This copies build.prop to the current directory. (C:Users[USERNAME] by default on windows)
6. Copy it to another directory for backup.
7. Open in editor and add the following line at end:
8. Save and exit.
9. Execute following commands:
adb push build.prop /system/ adb shell cd system chmod 644 build.prop
10. Copy lazyflasher to internal storage.
11. Flash using TWRP.
12. Reboot to system.
13. Use Manual Camera Compatibility Checker to verify.
15. Install the latest Google Camera HDR+ Port. (Optional but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ;P)
1. Download the official recovery zip from here.
2. Download latest TWRP from here
2. Reboot into TWRP.
3. Take NANDroid. (Optional, just in case . . .)
4. Transfer ROM zip, TWRP img and Lazyflasher zip to internal storage.
5. Flash ROM zip. (Took about 10 minutes)
6. Flash TWRP img. (Go to flash -> select flash image -> select twrp-[v].img)
7. Flash Lazyflasher zip.
8. Follow steps 4 through 9 of above instructions. (Yes, build.prop also gets replaced on update)
9. Reboot to system.
10. Wait patiently.
11. VOILA !!
Hope this helps. Try and comment if this works for you in other ROMs. Also let me know if anything is unclear.